Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wall repaired... two more cores poured with steel

As you can see - except for trimming the jagged edge of the door opening - I have repaired the wall west of the front door that was out of plumb.  I also poured two more cores with concrete and rebar between the door opening and the dining room window (if you look closely, you can see the rebar sticking up vertically).
I had hoped to set the lintels today but I really needed one more day to prepare. Hopefully David Musser can come tomorrow afternoon after I get everything ready and help me lift them into place (windows set, block surfaces prepared, rebar bent out of the way, scaffolding built, etc.). Next, I'll finish the 12th course (filling in between the lintels) on the north and east walls and start the bond beam. David and his crew are itching to start (work for them is slow) the south wooden wall and set the trusses. He convinced me to hire a crane to set them even though the 29' trusses are very manageable with 3 men and one geezer (ME!). Setting the trusses with a crane will be much easier, will speed the process and may even save me some labor money. The prospect of "getting the roof on" is exciting.

No comments: