Friday, July 25, 2008

12th course finished on west & north wall

Well today while running between raindrops I experienced a momentous occasion... I have finished cutting and drilling block... all that's left to do before starting the bond beam is to finish gluing the 12th course on the east wall (all the blocks are cut and fitted). I should be able to get those glued tomorrow and get all the remaining cores poured with rebar. Monday will start the "unknown" relating to gluing the bond beam sidewalls that create the cavity to pour the concrete into with the horizontal rebar. Hopefully it will go smoothly and we'll be ready to start building the wooden south wall very soon. Here I am too pooped to pop at the end of the day:
Here you can see the 12th course on the north wall... FINISHED!Here's my little man learning to crawl... Ethan is just too cute!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What an accomplishment! I'm so happy you have finished all that block cutting and laying!

Look out world, Ethan is crawling! :)

surd said...

Well done, I have been following your progress daily, I came across the blog by accident and thought I was the only one watching the build.
Surprised to see the comment, from another avid reader

we are of similar age both retired, you a seaman building a home on land and me a landlubber building a home to sail the seas.

That little boy, while a perky little chap cannot compete with my grand daughters, sorry.