Monday, July 14, 2008

A visit by Sister Lucy & Sister Elizabeth

We had a nice surprise late this afternoon when Sister Lucy and Sister Elizabeth came over from St Mary's Convent for a visit. Two years ago their Community graciously sold us our land. When the surveyor discovered that the parcel was landlocked, the Sisters worked with us to get us legal access (an easement) to the property. When we're a little farther along, Sister Lucy, who is an ordained Episcopal Priest, will come down for a house blessing... here we are standing between the dining room and the kitchen (Boone & Baxter are in the foreground... Mosby is on a recon patrol... "nobody knows where Mose-Bose goes!?").
It was back to block laying for me today (I'm using the white adhesive again as you can see on the wall... I like it better than the gray although there's probably no difference except for color)... I actually got quite a bit done today and, happily, my block laying days are numbered. I have to admit that I'm uneasy about pouring the bond beam... mixing concrete, up and down the scaffolding bucket-by-bucket... and I thought laying this block was physically taxing.This is Alexis' sweet potato... it sat around the kitchen for a couple of weeks and sprouted so Alexis planted it in her square foot garden... it's now putting out very healthy looking leaves.

No comments: