Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jumping the gun with our red door?

We are probably jumping the gun by painting our front door when all the walls aren't even up yet... but Alexis & I wanted to celebrate the prospect of being debt free. As you may know having a red door symbolically means the house has no mortgage... we're getting in the spirit of not being in debt even before the roof is on the house... hallelujah! Today's block laying was challenging like yesterday's was. I finally decided to just lay my blocks to the string and "que sera, sera." Thank the Lord for sheet rock (inside) and stucco (outside) to hide my "block laying sins!" It's all going to be okay but I have discovered that block laying is NOT my calling in life... especially at 61! Here is a picture that was taken late this afternoon showing the final run of block going up on the front wall (note the buck for the kitchen window). It's going to feel SOOOOO good to finally get this block laying over with. I like doing it but I would like to get on with drying the house in and getting it livable... ASAP... hopefully by early fall.
Here's a picture of Alexis' square foot garden... most everything seems to be doing well (tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, canalope, herbs, strawberries):

No comments: