Sunday, June 29, 2008

Down in my back... ugh... it HURT real BAD!

I have been very blessed throughout my life not to have any significant back pain... well, that all ended last week and I had to take three days off to recuperate. Although I felt extremely lazy taking off, the break helped me heal and I was able to start laying block again today. The main thing that got accomplished this afternoon was for Alexis to "get her sh*t together"... that is to say she mixed mushroom compost, "MooNure" & regular old Mark 1 mod 0 compost with perlite/vermicule & peat moss to make some VERY rich soil for two more 4' X 4' square foot garden boxes. Presently, she has tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, yellow squash, canalope and assorted herbs in the "ground" and doing well. Here is a shot of the boxes after she blended the dirt concoction in the bed of her pickup truck:
I built the frame for the utility room window and got the blocks between the two window openings ready to glue tomorrow. It's all very exciting because we're getting close to having the blocks laid and ready for the roof trusses which arrive next week. My hope is that we'll be dried in by the end of July.
Here is a picture of an Irish cottage that has the feel of what we are trying to replicate (NOTE: no lawn)... our cottage will be approximately twice this big:

No comments: