Friday, June 6, 2008

Behind window #2... the master closet

As strange as it sounds the master closet has a window (opening shown below). I had to put the window in the closet to help balance the Irish cottage look of the house. Actually, the windows on the front side of the house are primarily for "the look" as the majority of our windows are planned for the south wall of the house and their passive solar effect. It was a magnificent late spring day here in Tennessee... kinda hot but having lived in Oklahoma for 24 years, I'm NOT complaining (low 90s). I've found I can stay considerably cooler if I dip a wash cloth in the ice chest water and drape it over my bald head. Alexis says I look like a Basque farmer.

As you can see from the picture I've started the 7th course on the east wall and turned the corner on the north wall (the window frame is in place for master closet).Another angle of the same corner:Not perfect... but close:

No comments: