Monday, June 16, 2008

This picture FREAKED me out!

As usual Alexis ended our day by taking pictures of our progress. When we got home and downloaded this picture, I FREAKED OUT... good grief was my wall THAT out of plumb!? It was after dark and I had already had my shower but I knew I'd be wide awake all night if I didn't go across the road to the job site and check this corner out with my 4' level. In a panic and wearing only my underwear (boxers... for you Clinton fans) I sped across the road to the house. THANKFULLY, the level proved the picture to be an optical illusion and I retreated to the comfort of our home where I'm VERY relieved and still in my boxers (TMI).The 12th course will be glued tomorrow. Only the bond beam is left to do on this east wall... the bond beam will tie the wall to the footing with rebar and concrete. That's my helper and ever vigilant guard dog - Boone Hoone. Me... proudly sitting on my make-shift scaffolding with the 12th course waiting to be glued.Baxter has relieved the quarterdeck watch (the first "dog watch"... you Navy guys will know what I mean):

No comments: