Monday, June 9, 2008

Yeah!... I'm in over my head

Here I am standing next to the east wall and it is over my head (note the wash cloth on my head which keeps me cool with periodic dunking in the ice chest water... the wash cloth gets dunked... NOT my head)... actually if I'm standing on the slab inside the house, the wall is not quite 6' tall yet but this shot makes me feel like I've accomplished something today... and it was a rough day. Alexis and I put up two temporary wooden corners to correct a "creeping" plumb error in the wall that was developing. I ended up fighting the correction all day (which wasn't fun!) but remember the forgiveness of the stucco. Only faithful blog readers will ever know that the wall was beginning to get a little out of plumb. I'll be able to completely correct the problem by the time I get up to the top course in the wall.
This shot shows both temporary wooden corners :Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor for an annual checkup and with a forecast of rain I probably won't get to work much when I get back.

Here a picture of my grandson Ethan when they first told him that I was his Granddaddy:

No comments: