Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Course #9 on the east wall

Don't be fooled by my smile in this picture... I'm so tired I'm hoping Alexis will shoot me and put me out of my misery. Problem is she is as tired as I am... too tired to jack a round into the .45 in her purse. Lucky me. Here's the sign I had made for her Christmas before last (we never expected that it would take 19 months to get the land in our name). Remember Brigid (Gorman) is Alexis' cousin who died in transit to America from Ireland in 1850. She was buried at sea. Brigid was 12. We wanted to honor her memory by naming our 3 acres for her. The sign will probably go next to the front door.
This is a long shot of the east wall (9th course in progress). Working on scaffolding is hard work... up and down... up and down. All I can do is keep plugging. It's going to be a very, very fine house. Alexis and her Mom spent the day painting what is left to paint on the storage building. Alexis was up and down a ladder all day too. I asked her mother if she had ever dreamed she'd be working construction at 86?Re physical exam yesterday:
Cholesterol... 180
HDL... 45
LDL... 104
Triglyceride... 155
Glucose... 78
Can you believe it!?... the doctor had the audacity to tell me I needed to lose weight... why, the nerve!

No comments: