Friday, September 26, 2008

Wood stove flue's in...

Today Kim and I got the wood stove flue completely (and safely) installed... I did the under the roof bracing and Kim caulked and screwed down the rubber boot (flashing) up on the roof. After we pass the rough-in electrical inspection next week, I'll install the tin ceiling and we'll be ready for the cellulose to be blown into the attic. With the house insulated top, bottom and all around, we'll (me, Alexis and our three boys) be able to light off the Tempwood wood stove and be ready for anything "Old Man Winter" can throw at us. Mosby is eagerly anticipating the season's first fire.
Kim and I also got almost all the HardiPlanks nailed on the south side of the house. This will allow the stucco guys to stucco the block and HardiPlank seamlessly on all sides and the gable ends. I still have to screw some of the planks down as some of the nails didn't hold properly.
Tomorrow I plan to do some of this "HardiPlank screwing," glue the CPVC water pipes together and get ready for pulling wires on Monday.

Today was Alexis' birthday (26 September)... the 16th anniversary of her 39th birthday... Happy Birthday, my love!

No comments: