Thursday, September 25, 2008

Plantar Fasciitis strikes again... BIG TIME!

My plantar fasciitis struck again today and I suffered big time for it. I shuffled around all day like an old crippled-up man... oh, wait... I am an old crippled-up old man. Kim Campbell worked with me all day but I was miserable. I cut OSB and HardiPlanks on the ground and he worked on the ladder measuring and nailing. In spite of my pain we got a lot accomplished. Not only did we finish installing the attic vents and nail up the HardiPlanks on both gable ends, we also were able to reinforce the gable end trusses and tie them in to the roof system more securely. This entire wall will be stuccoed next month.Tomorrow Kim and I will complete the installation of the wood stove flue, begin the HardiPlanking of the south side of the house and - hopefully - get some of the soffit up front and back... I cut the HardiPlank for the soffits yesterday so it should go up pretty fast.
Monday, Howell King and I begin pulling wires. As soon as we pass the rough-in electrical inspection, Kim and I will put up the tin ceiling and I'll call the insulation guy to blow cellulose in the attic and the south wall. We're getting there... slowly but surely.

No comments: