Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday night lights

Well, we're still trying to get the roof finished (flashing/ridge cap) but now with temporary lights and the ability to work late and lock the house up there ain't no stopping us. This evening I started building the interior walls. The first wall I'll finish tomorrow afternoon is the main plumbing wall. I bought 95% of the plumbing supplies that I need last week so one of the first things I'll do is run my CPVC pipes and get ready for Howell King, my plumber/electrician friend to tie the incoming water line into my piping system. I met with the cellulose insulator fellow yesterday afternoon and he got me up to speed regarding what I need to do to get ready for him to blow cellulose (R-50) into the attic, the front 2" X 6" frame wall and caulk/foam all the windows front and back. This is going to be one very well insulated house. Here's the first night picture... it's beginning to feel like our home!

No comments: