Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting ready to set the trusses tomorrow at 7 AM

Alexis, her 87 year-old mother and I spent the day finalizing the preparations for setting the trusses tomorrow morning at "O-dark-thirty." I was concerned that I had made a mistake in laying out the north and south plates but at the end of the day it came out just PERFECT! What a relief! Alexis was a big help in covering the end knee wall trusses with OSB and HardiPlank once she mastered the Paslode nail gun and the air-driven stapler (see pictures). Her Mama was a GREAT and willing "gopher":Here I am laying out the last 20' of the north wall... I was SO PLEASED that the measuring of the north & south walls came out just PERFECT!... parallel marks 24" on center front and back!One of the things I accomplished this afternoon was to get the top (2" X 8") plate cut and bolted down to the top of the east block wall (see picture below). It actually went pretty smoothly even though it was at the end of the day:The good Lord willing, we'll be under roof by Friday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What if .... no. Nothin'.