Saturday, September 20, 2008

Getting ready to wire the house!

Howell King, my plumber/electrician, came by this afternoon for some "good old boy consultation." I'm happy to report that he put his stamp of approval on my attempt at plumbing... there are just a few small changes so I can glue the pipe together tomorrow... that's the fun part. Alexis and I bought most of the supplies to wire the house yesterday. Howell will be busy next week but the following week he thought he could come by in the afternoon after work (3:00 PM) and we could get the house wired in 4 or 5 days. In the meantime I can get ready for him by nailing electrical boxes on the studs, etc. After we pass the electrical inspection, it will be time to screw up our white tin ceiling and have the cellulose insulation (11" = R-50) blown in. Sometime next week I plan on getting the insulated pipe installed for Mosby's Tempwood wood stove (it's an AMAZING wood stove that will heat our entire house!)... Mosby dearly loves to lie almost under the stove on really cold evenings... with the mega-insulation and the Tempwood we'll be ready for whatever Old Man Winter brings.
Today I framed in the open space above the front door so that it can be stuccoed:I also framed up the wall in the master bedroom closet where the electric panel will go and insulated the corner with foil/foam/foil (approx R-16):
Slowly but surely we're getting there!

No comments: