Sunday, September 7, 2008

3 more windows installed...

We had a very productive afternoon (Sunday)... Alexis got three sides of the front windows caulked with silicone (I'll fill the bottom "cavity" with "Great Stuff" spray foam insulation) and she did a very good job in spite of being in great pain because of her shoulder (Boone-Dog wrenched her shoulder back in February leaping out of the truck. He was on a leash and was too EAGER to go for a walk RIGHT THEN... Alexis had an MRI last week trying to figure out what can be done to relieve the intense pain?). After she finished caulking we put OSB on the south bedroom wall. While she was caulking I had modified the wall in the master bedroom to replace the door with a third window. We had the matching window and I would have had to buy another door so my frugality (most would call me CHEAP) won the day. Over the OSB we stapled the foil/foam/foil (R-15.7) and installed the three windows.
Here is a picture of the front of the house and all the windows that Alexis caulked:Here are shots of the foil and the three windows that we installed (HardiPlank goes over the foil horizontally and stucco goes on the HardiPlank to match the rest of the house's stucco). Yesterday I purchased HardiPlank soffit material to be attached to the underside of the overhangs front and back:
And another view:
You are what you eat... we found out today that the massive doses of fish oil I'm taking is making me smell like a Corpus Christi shrimp boat at the end of the day. That's probably more than you wanted to know ("TMI")?

No comments: