Friday, September 5, 2008

The tin roof is on (98% at least!)

My guys were able to get the tin on today and they did a GREAT job. Unfortunately there was a mis-communication with the cutting and I have to have the ridge cap re-run at the metal fabrication plant on Monday so the roof can be completely covered at the peak. Happily, the original ridge cap can be used on the top of the knee walls so they won't be wasted. Think Irish cottage, gray stucco, climbing roses & a red door (the inside of the knee wall above the tin roof will be stucco over HardiPlank):
Here's a shot of the tin roof from the NE corner looking SW. Think Irish cottage, gray stucco, climbing roses & a red door:Here I am pointing out where the master bathroom toilet will be to my mother-in-law, Ruth Freeman. Think Irish cottage, gray stucco, climbing roses & a red door:Alexis & I will rest tomorrow (Saturday) and then I begin framing the interior walls on Monday.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks MARVELOUS! :)

Hey I descend from Freeman's too, on my mom 's side. Wonder if I'm distantly related to your MIL?! :)