Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WOOD!

I spent the day cutting the wood for the south wall's window rough openings. Tomorrow David Musser and his worker bee will start helping me nail everything together and stand the wall up. As you can see by the large rectangles (rough window openings) at the far end of the wall (Boone-Dog is lounging in one that will be in the living room) there will be lots of glass in this wall to take advantage of my passive solar design (my extra wide roof overhang will block summer sun and let in winter sun which is lower in the sky). There is still some cutting to be done at the top of the studs to take into account the slab not being perfectly level. Baxter is on quarter deck guard duty having just relieved Mosby (not shown).These are rough openings for windows that will be in the master bathroom and the master bedroom next to the French door (opening not shown). I bought all the windows on Craigslist and didn't realize at the time that all my windows - north wall & south wall - are made to go together (style & height). On the north wall all the windows are vinyl Pella windows and on the south wall all the windows are a quality brand wood window called "MW." I didn't plan it that way... it was just good fortune straight from heaven.

No comments: