Thursday, August 21, 2008

The south wall framing is finished...

Today we (Shane, Adam and I) finished framing the south wall. Note the massive 17 1/2" beam that spans the entire length of the wall... this will support the trusses on that side of the house. Additionally, Shane and Adam also got about 1/2 of the top plate bolted to the block walls. Derek, the owner of the company that sold me the AAC block, dropped by today to pick up the "gator" saw but I wasn't there. I was pleased that when we finally caught up with each other and got to talk on the phone, he said that I'd done a pretty good job laying the block... that is from an expert. Here's the beam that the trusses will sit on:Sorry for the blurry picture of Alexis standing in one of the master bedroom windows... I just can't seem to hold the camera steady... ALL the clear shots she has taken.Me sitting in the large living room window after a shower:If it doesn't rain Monday and the crane can come, the hope is that we will start putting up the trusses.

No comments: