Thursday, August 7, 2008

DONE!

Here I am smiling and pointing to the LAST AAC block that has to be laid. Obviously, I still have to saw off this irregular 24" wall and make it uniform and vertical since we'll be bolting the wooden south wall to it but that's a small matter.I'll use tomorrow to level up the three block walls with my gadget from Home Depot. Louis Camerio, my best friend from Junior High and Altanta land developer, made the following smart-ass comment, "The water hose level is how the Egyptians built the pyramids. Glad to hear you caught up with their technology." My three block walls are only about 1/4" out of level here and there but the water level will make the job relatively easy. Since the AAC block I used for the bond beam side walls is relatively soft, rasping won't be too difficult.Hopefully I'll pour the bond beam Saturday.

No comments: