Thursday, August 14, 2008

Loose ends...

Today I spent tying off loose ends. I haven't been happy with the way I had initially secured the window frames to the block so I am in the process of re-attaching the frames to the block. I have finished all but the window in the dining room (closet window, utility room window & kitchen window). This is a picture of the completed utility room window frame and the view up our drive way to St Mary's Lane.
I sawed the front door opening today and mis-measured by 1/4"... I'll have to take off the right upright 2" X 6" tomorrow and rasp down the block (I might try to saw it?). I should be able to finish this and the dining room window tomorrow. Additionally, I'll saw off the jagged short wall at the end of the west wall and make it vertical and ready to have the south wall bolted to it. Next, it's back on the scaffolding to bolt down the top wooden plate. That's a job for Saturday.
This is a picture of Ethan when he was told his Granddaddy had FINALLY finished laying the block for his house.

No comments: