Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Working on getting the twains to meet...

Today I started the north wall (56' east-to-west and includes our front door and 5 windows)... it was slow going at first because I had problems with my blocks breaking because my rebar hole was too close to the outside wall of the block. As the day progressed, however, I figured out how to overcome the problem. I will have to do some tweaking to get the first course perfectly level but David Musser, my helper, is going to loan me his grinder which will speed up the process. When I'm level and ready for the second course, I really do think it will go MUCH faster than what I've experienced to date. David Musser told me I should fire my block mason (ME) because I am so slow... he said I worked at the speed of a NYC union worker with lots of seniority.

In the background of this picture you can see the 16' X 20' storage building that will be dried in tomorrow by noon. This will allow us to consolidate our storage needs into this building and save us $130/month.

No comments: