Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm beginning to pick up speed

Today I was able to pick up some speed with my block laying. Since my tools were stolen, I had to go back to the AAC block guy in Ringgold, GA and buy new stuff. Getting a replacement drill bit with a shorter shaft has made all the difference in boring the 3" holes in the block straight and true plus the "alligator" saw that I rented cuts through these concrete blocks almost like butter. Today's bag of glue (adhesive powder) was a little different than the stuff I've been using and REALLY grabs. I'm sure it's stronger than the block itself and barely an 1/8" thick. The following picture is out of focus but you can see the NW corner and west wall that I worked on today (I'll have to be up on scaffolding in a day or two). I've almost got 4 courses out of 12 laid on this west wall. Like I've mentioned before all the "blemishes" will be covered by the stucco.
Boone and Mosby enjoying a dog's life:

No comments: