Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Window frame #1

Well, the pressure was on today... my mother-in-law was at the job site all day so I couldn't slack off. Actually, we got a lot done including the frame for the window in the dining room (see picture, below). The window will end up being about 6" higher than shown but I had to have something to lay the blocks to so I had to put the frame in low for now. With the exception of gluing a few blocks on the west wall, we're up 6 courses and ready to move to the east wall and begin the long run that is the north wall. Alexis and I are starting to get excited... we are building a "very, very fine house" and when we're finished we won't have a MORTGAGE which is the BEST part! From the picture I can see that the second & third blocks from the corner on the 6th course need some adjustment... I'll rasp them down first thing tomorrow and get that corner level.Another view:

No comments: