Friday, May 9, 2008

Two steps forward... one step back

Unfortunately I had to tear out all the work I did Wednesday on the north wall... It just wasn't close to being level like I had thought... so I got out the 10# sledge hammer and pounded it out. It was a big disappointment but I'm learning the tricks and I hope that I'll have the first course completed tomorrow... Monday at the latest. The following picture includes the pile of rubble (on the right) which had been the north wall before I tore it out. I haven't mortared these blocks yet but it should go pretty fast now that they are drilled, etc.We still have trim, siding for the gables and a door to put on our storage building (320 sq. feet) but it is dried in and pretty much ready to receive our "stuff" from the container and the building in Monteagle ($130/month savings... YEAH!). If you'll look closely at the right side of the building (which is the south side), you'll see a panel which is clear plastic that will serve as a small "greenhouse" to grow vegetables.

No comments: