Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm believin' I turned a corner today with my block laying

Today was a good day albeit LONG and tiring (I was able to work 7 hours... I'm getting stronger!). I finally got all the blocks laid in the first course of the north wall (56'). I have been putting off finishing that course because I was unsure of exactly where I wanted the front door to be (...and with concrete block your decision gets "set in stone"). That's the beauty of having your house plans drawn on a napkin... they can be changed on another napkin. Anyway, I made a command decision (after all, I am thecommander@ilovedixie.com) and positioned the center of the front door 17' from the NW corner of the house. Additionally, I got the 3rd course of blocks on the west wall ready for glue tomorrow, to wit:Stucco will cover the chipped corner and a multitude of other block laying "sins."

No comments: