Saturday, May 24, 2008

My block laying speed is picking up

Today was Alexis' first day of summer vacation from her teaching job. She was able to help me at the building site and I think her being there made things go smoother. I got courses 4 & 5 laid on the west wall. My work is certainly not pretty but it's REALLY solid. Like I've said before the stucco will cover up the cosmetic uglies. Here are two pictures of today's work (the first picture is looking south from the NW corner of the house) It looks like the first two blocks in course #6 aren't perfectly level so I'll have to rasp them down:
This shot is taken from the SW corner looking north:I'll take my "alligator saw" and cut the end of these buttress blocks off so that this 16" masonry south wall will be plumb (most of the south wall will be a traditional stick-built 6" wall because of all the windows for my passive solar design).

1 comment:

Phil said...

Wow looks like its really coming along. I wouldnt worry about the mess I have seen real brick layers do worse, lol.