Monday, November 10, 2008

The tin ceiling

Aaron and I got a late start because we had to rent a sheetrock jack (shown below) and we had to track down his step-father-in-law who was kind enough to lend us a compressor and a staple gun (with staples) to attach the 3' X 18' sheets of tin roofing to the ceiling. We're still struggling with the aftermath of my block mason's bowed west wall (almost every piece of tin had to be trimmed because the wall wasn't straight)... shoulda fired that lazy, good for nothing bum early on... would have saved me lots of grief and maybe I could have avoided contracting plantar fasciitis... oops... I forgot... the block mason was ME.
Nevermind!
Nevertheless we finally got rolling and started learning the tricks to putting it up with the jack. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to "turn and burn" (that's an old Navy saying), however, I don't think we'll finish (in fact, I KNOW we won't finish) and Aaron leaves for Louisiana on Wednesday. I hope I can find someone else as good as Aaron to help me for a few days to get the job done so I can insulate. Here is the ceiling going up (and a picture of the sheetrock jack that lifts the tin panels up to the ceiling joists for stapling):And another view:So far everyone who has seen the tin ceiling up (Aaron and Howell King) has confessed that they were initially apprehensive about the idea but now that they've seen it, they like it... me too!

No comments: