Thursday, November 6, 2008

Getting ready to sheetrock & put up the tin ceiling

Aaron couldn't come today because of a prior commitment so I started making the preparations to put up the ceiling tomorrow (with his help). I bought an attachment for my drill that snips/cuts the metal roofing that I'm using for our ceiling. Hopefully it will work as well as they promised at the metal roofing company. Today since I was alone, I needed to find something that I could easily do by myself so I began "hanging" the foil/foam/foil insulation on the AAC block wall. I finished putting it up in the master bedroom, the master closet and the utility room. The more I thought about it the more it made sense to go ahead and hang the sheetrock as we put up the ceiling. Having the sheetrock up will give us a definite and final edge to butt the metal ceiling to and since the propane guy can't come until next Thursday I can't close up the ceiling until then anyway... so I thought why not?... we'll hang sheet rock as we move from room to room with the ceiling. Here is the east master bedroom wall with the foil/foam/foil hung. The space between each foil panel is for "Liquid Nails"... 3" sheetrock screws and Liquid Nails should cause the sheetrock to be there FOREVER.Yesterday I finished up the rough-in plumbing in preparation for Howell King returning on Saturday to solder the copper incoming water line to my CPVC inhouse system for the pressure test.Living on the far eastern edge of the central time zone causes it to get pretty dark by 5 PM after the "fall back" time change. Nevertheless you can still see how beautiful Tennessee is in the fall even late in the afternoon. This picture was taken from the front of our property looking east down St. Mary's Lane to Sherwood Road (our road is freshly paved and striped).And for your amusement here's a gratituious shot of Mose-Bose (Mosby... "nobody knows where Mose-Bose goes... where do your suppose?")... he's a VERY peculiar little dog but we love him.My dear friend Roger Gertz wrote me today and told me I'd be SHOCKED at the #2 listing if I googled "sir john templeton library." I did and I was.

No comments: