Saturday, November 15, 2008

Except for some final stapling...

... the ceiling is done. Aaron was able to work Friday before leaving for Louisiana and we worked nearly 12 straight hours until we got all the tin up... it liked to have killed me... I haven't been that exhausted in I don't know when. I was hoping Alexis would shoot me when I finally got home. There is still some final stapling that I have to do Monday but otherwise the ceiling is up and the insulation guy can fill our attic with 11" (R-50) of cellulose. Following the insulation I can hook up the wood stove and prepare to stain the floor. Next Howell King, our plumber/electrician, will do the final hook-up of the water and we'll be getting close to moving in and camping out while we finish mudding and taping the sheetrock. Here are pictures of the ceiling in the various rooms:
Master bedroom (needs final stapling)... the far south wall will be insulated with cellulose before I hang the sheetrock:
Hall (needs final stapling)... the fat, out-of-shape, old guy at the end of the hall is moi... Baxter is ready for bed with his winter jacket:
Master bath (needs final stapling)... the sheetrock "plugs" will come down when I hang full sheets.
Utility room (needs final stapling):
I rested Saturday and didn't even go over to the house until we had to feed the boys... it was wonderful to veg!

No comments: