Monday, April 7, 2008

Finally a DRY day!

It was dry enough today to put Terry Stephen's Bobcat to work spreading gravel inside the foundation's stem wall. To use an old Navy phrase "Terry really turned and burned." I was very impressed with how much work he got done in two hours including spreading the excess gravel on our 200' driveway.
David Musser was late getting to the job site due to personal errands but after Terry left David and I used his transit and a "concrete hoe" to finalize the grade of the gravel. It got dark before we could finish but I'm very pleased with our progress. I talked to Howell King, my plumber/electrician tonight and we'll have the drains/water lines in the gravel by week's end. Hopefully, that means we'll have the slab poured within 10 days and I start learning how to lay AAC block.

No comments: