Friday, October 3, 2008

A little of this... a little of that...

Yesterday and today I plugged away at a number of little - but necessary - things that eventually had to get done. Next week Alexis will be on fall break and will help me with tying up this type of lose ends stuff. Over the last few days I've got some more HardiPlanks nailed up on the south side of the house... only a few more planks and the screwing to finish that up. The stucco will be applied to the three sides of AAC block, the gable ends and then will be seamlessly applied around the corners and on to the HardiPlanks (they are made of concrete).Here is the main electrical panel and the 14 circuits that I have run to it so far (actually from it). I still have to pull a few more wires and hook up the lights/switches in all the rooms. Howell King will come back Monday afternoon to begin hooking up the panel. Meanwhile he has given me a long list of wiring stuff that I can do before his return next week. Jerry "Tennessee" Hawkins, my recently discovered St Andrews classmate of 47 years ago, helped me "adjust" the length of our stairway to heaven... errrr... up to the guest room loft. Jerry has been an unbelievable help especially with his hands-on building expertise and the loaning of his tools (he has "one each" of EVERY tool and fastener known to man in the back of his pickup truck).The last thing I got accomplished today was to glue (with Liquid Nails) styrofoam 2" X 2" strips around the front windows that I had just caulked. I'll glue AAC block 2" X 4" strips over these to create the borders/sill for the front windows. Believe it or not stucco will stick to the styrofoam. BTW Jerry helped with this process too by "ripping" the 2" X 2" styrofoam strips on his table saw... my attempt at cutting them accurately with my skillsaw just wasn't working.

No comments: