Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'd been putting this off...

I've been putting off "routing" grooves in the AAC block for the runs of "code required" electrical conduit. As it turns out the job was not quite as bad as I had anticipated. I adjusted the depth of my skill saw blade to the diameter of the conduit, sawed three parallel curfs in the block then knocked out the excess with a wood chisel and hammer. The worst part of the job was breathing the concrete dust... forgive me for this 8th grade boy remark but can you spell "concrete booger!?" There were 10 traces to cut... I got 8 done this afternoon. Here are two pictures of the conduit sitting in their groves. These are shots taken before the romex wire (yellow) is pulled through the conduit, glued into the trace and wired into the metal receptacle box:It's kinda hard to see the grove I cut out but the conduit is actually sitting below the surface of the block wall.Yesterday afternoon Alexis and I went to our "favorite" local saw mill and picked up a load of their tailings for our wood stove. These oak chunks are just perfect for our top loading Tempwood wood stove which will be our primary source of heat in our Irish cottage (plus passive solar on sunny winter days)... approximately 8" X 10" X ??." The price is also perfect... $10 for all we can get on Alexis' pickup... believe me, our load was sitting on the axle.

No comments: