Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lights... camera, action!

Howell King, our electrician, returned yesterday (Monday) and when he left we had LIGHTS (in 2/3s of the house):It's beginning to look like a cozy little Irish cottage don't you think? (sorry for the blurr). If you look closely, you can see the styrofoam trim that I'm gluing around the windows and door. Believe it or not, stucco sticks to the styrofoam.:Aaron and I worked on "spiffing up" the wiring today (I've heard the electrical inspector is favorably impressed if the wires look neat in their runs and in the panel). Howell did a masterful job making the panel look neat and professional so I felt compelled to make the runs look neat and secure (we did a lot of stapling and tying the multiple wires together with plastic mini-ties). We also ran our telephone lines (office, bedroom, kitchen and THE BATHROOM for those important calls from special people).
We also moved the dog pen over off the back of the house so the boys are now living in the cottage. The 20' steel cargo container gets removed tomorrow which will save us $71/month... huzza!
Howell will return and finish up the wiring on Thursday. I'll go in on Friday and request an early Tuesday morning inspection... so assuming we pass the inspection, Aaron and I will begin screwing up the tin ceiling Tuesday morning. I think the ceiling will take about 2 days so I'll schedule the insulation to be blown in on Thursday. Next the floor gets stained and we're almost ready to move in... oops... I've still got to glue the CPVC pipes together so we'll have water.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks awesome! You are getting so close to the best part- living in your paid for home :)

Becca