Friday, March 28, 2008


Today (and yesterday) we got the inside forms stripped off (NOT easy!)... 48+ tons of gravel
were delivered this afternoon (3/28/07) which we will use to fill the inside of the concrete
stem wall we poured two days ago (up to grade)... the front end loader is scheduled for early tomorrow morning (Saturday)... my plumber friend (the head of maintenance from St Andrews School where I went to boarding school circa 1960 - 1964) will put the drain lines in the
gravel early next week and our hope is to pour the slab by the end of next week... then it's AAC block laying time for me. (Check out Safecrete) Our cozy Irish cottage is coming together. It's all very exciting for both Alexis and myself.

And I found this cool photo of a cottage in Ireland (County Clare) that Alexis thinks captures what she wants the house to be eventually. The climbing roses are Cecile Brunner (not quite right spelling, but...) an 1894 antique rose.

No comments: